This is State of the Art in Functional Therapy and how to combine fixed and functional techniques. This is a great way to educate staff in dental and orthodontic practice and illustrate the benefits of functional therapy for patients.
- 80 Case Reports
- 411 Pages
- 2007 Colour Images
Includes a FREE copy of Faces and Braces by Dr William Clark.
The E-Book is laid out in the following chapters:
Introduction: Advances in Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics
- Functional Treatment Objectives
- Removable Appliance Therapy
- Animal Experiments & Research in Functional Orthopaedics
- Functional Appliance Therapy
- Diagnosis & Treatment Planning
- Development of Twin Blocks
- Twin Block Traction Technique
- Design & Construction of Twin Blocks
- Management Of Deep Overbite
- Orthodontics, Orthopaedics or Surgery?
- Treatment in Mixed Dentition
- Treatment of Anterior Open Bite & Vertical Growth
- Integrating Fixed & Functional Therapy
- Pitfalls & Contraindications For Functional Therapy
- Treatment of Class II Division 2 Malocclusion
- Treatment of Class III Malocclusion
- Fixed Twin Blocks
- Fixed Functional Appliances
- The Carriere Distalizer
- Art & Science in Orthodontics
Tom Williams, Orthodontic Practice, Fayetteville, GA, USA –
I have been practicing Orthodontics for 30 years and recently became interested in functional orthopedics and the Twin Block. Thank you for writing such a detailed and easy to read book.
Professor O.P. Kharbanda, Center for Dental Education & Research –
This is one of the most illustrative texts I have ever come across. The variety of malocclusion and facial types and intricacies in their management are supported with photos and text. It provides an insight and guidance to student and practitioner and teacher in orthodontics in management strategies, outcome and limitations of orthodontics.